Luni wants their customers to enjoy their jewelry for as long as possible. With every Brass and Copper jewelry order, there is a complimentary polishing cloth. Please use the polishing cloths to lightly polish the metal but remember that oxidization happens naturally when you wear either metal. However there are some tips to reduce tarnish.
- Be sure that any perfume or lotions are completely absorbed into skin before you put on your jewelry.
- Apply all hair products before putting on jewelry
- Make sure to remove all your jewelry before bed
- Remove your metal jewelry when you take a shower or bath
- Store away from heat,direct sunlight, window sills and vents
- Wrap each piece individually in tissue or cloth to avoid scratching . Place each piece in cloth pouches , small boxes or the plastic bag with tarnish tab provided.
LUNI JEWELRY TIP
Here is a easy and natural jewelry cleaning solution that you can make at home to also clean your metal jewelry.
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon dish detergent
1 cup water
1 piece aluminum foil
- Heat water in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil that roughly covers the bottom of a small bowl (like a cereal bowl).
- Pour hot water into bowl. Place salt, soda, and dish-washing liquid into bowl. Place jewelry on top of foil and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse jewelry in cool water and dry jewelry completely with soft cloth. Discard solution after use and make a new batch next time.
- According to wire-sculpture.com, “this works well for gold-filled, brass, German (nickel) silver, and sterling silver. I have even cleaned jewelry with freshwater pearls, shell cameos and mother of pearl with no problem.”.
- Please be mindful and extremely careful if you have a Brass or Copper allergy when ordering your Luni jewelry. All materials at Luni are stated truthfully in the listings, no refunds will be given if you have an allergic reaction to the jewelry and ordered a Brass or Copper item.
- Luni now has substitutions for earring posts and chain in Gold Filled and Sterling Silver. Please keep in mind that these substitutions are available at a higher price due to the precious metal.